Information for Dentists - Imaging Services
We have a very modern radiography suite equipped with digital technology for high quality imaging at very reduced x-ray dose.
This includes a Kodak 9000 cone-beam digital volumetric tomography unit capable of acquiring standard Dental Panoramic Tomograms as well as specific field-of-interest 3-d volumes from 3 x 5cm to entire jaws.
Within the draft SEDENTEXCT Guidelines, this can give improved diagnostic information for periodontal and endodontic lesions as well as for implant and other surgical planning. Data can be supplied on a CD with a viewing program allowing basic planning, or raw DICOM data can be supplied for importing into implant planning software such as coDiagnostiX, Simplant etc.
The majority of radiographic examinations are undertaken with implied consent. Referrers are requested to fully explain the nature of the examination or procedure being requested to the patient prior to the patient attending.
For a copy of the SEDENTEXCT guidelines, please email us and we will be pleased to send a copy.
- Referrers are requested to provide sufficient clinical information and any relevant medical data to enable us to decide on the appropriateness of your request, in order to justify the exposure. The more information provided the more informed we will be in meeting and answering your clinical question(s)
- For all cases a full written request is required. email requests will be accepted from a recognised referrer, but such requests must be followed up in writing.
Please help us to provide a prompt and efficient service to your patients by providing the following details when referring:
- Include the patient’s name, address, postcode, date of birth and telephone number
- State the clinical condition under investigation
- Give details of the reason for the investigation required – for example, when requesting a 3d scan, state what additional information is expected from the exposure that cannot be obtained from a plan radiograph.
- Please state the specific examination required and the field of interest to be included.
- Include your contact details in case we need to contact you at the time of the examination.
UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUESTED, THE REFERRER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING A WRITTEN REPORT IS MADE ON THE RADIOLOGICAL EXAMINATION.
You can Download a CT Referral Form here.